Skilled Volunteering is a great way to get staff working in their community, whilst developing the skills they use at work
From plumbers to architects, lawyers to graphic designers, we can find an opportunity for you and your staff to support the valuable organisations in your community.
Our skilled volunteer programme places people into carefully selected volunteering roles that match their existing business skills and experience.
Our opportunities include:
- Professional Pro Bono
- Skills sharing
- Time banking
- Trade Volunteering
Social Venture Partnership
Social Venture Partnership is a structured corporate skills volunteering package for businesses. It creates various volunteering opportunities for your staff including skills sharing, business skills presentations, selection panels, board memberships and mentoring.
Volunteering within Social Venture Partnership has a focus on using business skills and expertise to build the capability and capacity of people with ideas for social change. The programme can be adapted to support the specific priorities of a business, either a geographical area or a particular theme (e.g. Children and Young People, Environment etc.).
Your Business works with 5 to 10 new-start social ventures (charities, social enterprises, community businesses and projects) over a period of 6 months. Your business provides support ,based on the skills and experience of your staff, alongside third sector expertise from the Participate Team.
Social Leadership Challenge
Social Leadership Challenge is a skills based volunteering programme where businesses support existing local charities or community projects to grow and thrive. your volunteers then work with charities and social ventures to create solutions to problems or deliver a practical project.
Volunteers use and develop their business skills around: problem solving, listening, presenting and pitching, ideas development, mentoring, team working, leadership and creative thinking.
Your volunteers will present their final ideas back to the charity or will support them to deliver a practical change.
Participate offers a full support service around Social Venture Partnership and Social Leadership Challenge, including:
- Finding people to work with (both new-start and existing organisation) – your volunteers can be involved in a friendly ‘dragons den style’ panel to pick the participants for the programme
- Providing written briefings, training and support to all staff and volunteers involved in the programme
- Project management for the life of the programme, including step by step programme’s for staff and communications between all partners
- An evaluation report – showing how the intervention has supported the community organisations and how the project has benefited the volunteers
- PR support for the programme – including input in press work and social media
Participate also works with businesses and partners to develop bespoke programmes, tailored to the specific needs of the business, provided that we can demonstrate that the programme has real social benefit. If you have an idea please get in touch.
Why Work with Us?
Positive change in our communities is at the heart of what we do. By getting involved you can expect that:
- You will deliver a sustainable impact in your community
- Your involvement will be a catalyst for other community investment
- Your skills and time will enable communities to develop and help themselves
Working with Participate will provide tangible benefits for your business. Through a partnership with us you can expect that:
- You will demonstrate commitment to your community, clients and staff
- You will build strong relationships with your community and clients
- There will be a positive impact on your businesses productivity, skills and team working
Working with Participate is a competitive way to develop your workforce. You can expect to:
- Develop leadership skills and opportunities to explore new ways of working
- Increase staff loyalty and motivation through positive experiences
- Enhances staff awareness of communities in which you operate
- Build strong staff working relationships
‘Social Venture Partnership has provided opportunities for community and employee engagement across the business. Our colleagues have been involved in mentoring, skilled volunteering and team challenge activity to help kick start the new ventures. This is a great example of where businesses can leverage their peoples expertise across a wide range of skills to support the growth of some great ideas. We’re proud to be part of this fantastic initiative’